Monday, July 12, 2010

Wii Fit 2 Week Challenge Day 1

So I had my first day of Wii Fittage today. I'm going to leave any huge analysis until the very end of the two weeks, but here is how the first day panned out. I was planning on an early rise and getting it over and done with before my housemate was out of bed. I forgot that we had to pop into work early, and I also forgot that my housemate always wakes up before me. (From this point on 'housemate' will be refered to by her actual name: Kirby) Instead I got out all my gear at about 6:00pm after Kirby was already at work, and then by about 6:30 when my Wii controllers were actually charged and I had pinched my Xbox controller batteries for the Balance Board I was ready to go.

I got the ripe age of 20 as my Wii fit age. Apparently this is good because it's my actual age, so WOO me! What I don't understand with the Wii is the whole "centre gravity" stuff. I will feel like I'm completely centered and all lovely postured and then I'll be 40% on one leg 60% on the other. Gobbledygook and quite confusing? Yes I thought so too. But I think that's going to be my main aim, have a perfect centre of gravity by the end of the two weeks.

I decided that I'll do 10 minutes in each of the sections. Yoga, Strength Training, Aerobics and Balance Games (Where I pretty much just play around and try to beat my scores or finish games). The Yoga and Strength Training were quite good, they had detailed instructions so you felt like you were actually learning what to do. I felt a bit like the Yoga was disjointed, instead of routines that you would usually do one after another they are all split up into a separate "activity" because otherwise it wouldn't work very well with the balance board. Saying this both the Yoga and Strength Training felt like they were stretching my muscles and getting my body feeling a bit looser.

The Aerobics aren't particularly hard, but you do have the options to change the difficulty levels or the time you spend doing things like hula hooping, step exercises, jogging or boxing. Personally I had the most fun doing boxing because you have this big punch out at the end where you just hit it repeatedly. I think tomorrow maybe I'll up the time I spend on boxing and maybe go up to the harder step activity because the beginner one was a bit slow!

Overall I definitely didn't work up a sweat but I did feel like I was doing something. My body definitely felt a lot better than it does after an Assasins Creed II marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment